DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

I dont need to cough but when I do I get like a bad breath

I don't need to cough but when I do I get like a bad breath taste in my mouth. I havnt noticed breathing difficulty and don't feel sick but I did have a sinus infection bout three weeks ago and I actually did take all my antibiotics this time. Lol. Anyways any idea what could be causing this weird Taste when I cough??
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Hello
This could be that you still have a sinus infection
It could also be that you have some GERD or reflux ...acid into the mouth
It can also be that the sinus infection affected your smell, which makes the taste go funny.
I would return to the doc who gave you the antibiotics and go over these three possibilities.
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions:

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well I don't know? My is it possible I have a throat infection cause my throat just started feeling funny today!!
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Yes that is also possible but you just got done with antibiotics
Do not do any more
Your throat can be sore from GERD, and it would account for both the sore throat and the bad taste!
If you keep on doing antibiotics and there is no infection that you will simply make the problem worse.
You need to also make sure you do not have a yeast infection in your mouth given all of the antibiotic use
good luck again

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Since I dip snuff could that cause GERD?? What can I do about GERD?? I have doped snuff for bout 6 years and have never had a problem with heartburn. This is my last question!! Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Since I dip snuff could that cause GERD?? What can I do about GERD?? I have dipped snuff for bout 6 years and have never had a problem with heartburn. This is my last question!! Thanks