Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

My husband just noticed a large, soft, swollen area on the

My husband just noticed a large, soft, swollen area on the top of his back near the center - almost over a muscle in the top of his back. Below the neck area. I will make a Dr.s appointment on Monday for him - but in the mean time we have a holiday weekend. I am very worried. Could this be a lipoma? Or Lymphoma?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.

HI,

Is this soft, hard or rubbery?

Does this slips in between your fingers if you hold it?

Is that tender?

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is soft. Not rubbery. It slips maybe a little bit. Not much. It is not tender at all.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.

Well lymphoma is out of question at this area.

It is most likely to be lipoma or sabecous cyst. Both of them are benign and not dangerous at all.

Just enjoy your holiday and get him seen by doctor when you are back.

I hope this helps you

Please ask for any query

Regards

DR HASAN

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dr Hasan, Is there anything I can look for when I feel it that would tell us more about what it is?

Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.

Well actually lymphoma occurs where there are lymph nodes. So in the area he has this swelling there are no lymphnodes so lymphoma not possible.

It can be lipoma which is basically fatty swelling and its benign and treatment is removal of the swelling surgically. Even if it is left there no worries or complications.

The second possibility is the sabecous cyst which forms because of the blockade of hair follicle. Its again is not dangerous. If this get infected it can cause pain. Its treatment is removal also.

There is no other significant possibility of anything there.

i hope this helps you now.

Regards

Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery