Dr. Natasha
Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained
16455829

I have a small oval red lump under my left eye, right on top

Customer Question

I have a small oval red lump under my left eye, right on top of my cheek bone. I have noticed it about a week ago. It seems to be getting redder, but not really bigger. I do not believe it is a pimple. There is no pain or discomfort. There is a small bit of tenderness when it is touched, but not bad. It also looks to have a smaller oval shaped whitish color in the center of the red lump.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Natasha replied 3 years ago.
any other medical problems or medications?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
As far as I am concerened I have no medical problems and have never been diagnosed with anything.
thanks. well, this is most likely an infected cyst or a hair follicle. I understand that it is not very painful, and that it because it is not as close to the skin as a pimple.
the fact that is is red means that it is inflammed and the white material is purulent material. You can apply benzoyl peroxide to help with the inflammation and use warm compresses to encourage it to come to a head and drain. Or it may not drain and resolve on its own. But it should go away in about 3-5 days, now that you can see the whitish material. Do not pick at it or squeeze it.
If it starts getting a lot more painful or your develop fevers, you need to see a doctor- you may need it drained or you may need antibiotics or both

warm regards

Please click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON for every answer that you find helpful. It you need more clarification, just ask. It allows me to help people like you

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here