Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

Im not sure who I should direct this question to. For the last

Customer Question

Im not sure who I should direct this question to. For the last 15 years I have seen a couple of doctors for most of the same issues, some are relatively new issues( like the hair) and none of them have been able to help me. I was told I have hyopothyriodism and put on meds then told I didnt have a thryiod problem that I had polycycstic ovarian syndrome and they put me on meds for that. I went to see a new doctor last year at Sansum clinic and he told me everything was normal. Heres the deal, if everything is normal why am I loosing my hair ( not just a little bit of hair, a lot of hair)and my hair hasnt grown in like 7 years, my joints hurt, I have no energy, I cant seem to lose weight ( I have tried all diets and have been an avid exerciser my whole life), Im tired all the time and extremely moody, my face is breaking out worse than when I was in high school, and my nails dont grow. I am only 34 years old and I take good care of myself, I dont drink or smoke, I take vitamins and watch my sugar intake and I am an active person. Except lately I feel like I dont have the energy to do much and now I am losing my hair. I know that something is not right with me, the hair thing is extremely scary to me and I want to get back to feeling good again. Can anyone give me some good answers or help me find someone who can?
Category: Health
Expert:  Valarie replied 5 years ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer with your question, and welcome. I see it has been some time since you posted your question. It will not be possible to diagnose you online, of course. And your health issues seem very complex, especially in light of the fact that you have seen several different physicians in person and still have questions.

However, I do have some questions to clarify your problem:

---Do you take thyroid medications now?

---Do you know what your lab tests results were specifically, for thyroid, and when were these done?

---Do you take any medications, prescription or OTC?

---How long has it been since you have seen an endocrinologist?