Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

Hi I injured my ankle 6 Months ago. I was runny and I stopped

Hi
I injured my ankle 6 Months ago.
I was runny and I stopped and it balled up and I rotated my ankle and it released. and than It started to swell up, Extreme pain was felt on the side on my foot where the ankle meets the foot on the side with the baby toe.
Now even though it has been six months my ankle is still causing me alot of pain. I still have minor swelling, and an all over "ache" of the foot.
The foot/ankle feels weaker than it once did.

Now when I went to the Doctors 6 months ago they just said I sprained my ankle and to take some ibuprofen and I would be fine. No X-Rays were taken

I was just wondering if you had an opion as to what might be going on with it.

Thank you for your time
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 5 years ago.

Dr B :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr B :

Have you ever had an x ray?

Customer:

no

Dr B :

You may have sustained a small fracture of your ankle that went undiagnosed, and that may be why you still have pain. I would recommend that you have it x rayed as soon as possible

Customer:

if I do what would the treatment be for that?

Dr B :

I cannot say without seeing the x rays. Only after the x rays are seen can treatment be determined, not before

Customer:

ok. Thank you for your time