Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.

Hi, I have a small hard lump on my right leg. It is just

I have a small hard "lump" on my right leg. It is just right of my shin bone. It seems to be not on the immediate skin or the bone. It is small, colourless, hard and not sore. It is pea sized. I have been monitoring it for a few months now and it doesn't seem to be changing, growing or deforming of any significance. Its not visible externally, you have to touch through the skin to feel it.

I am just wondering what it could be and what I should do really? I feel fine about it because I had a cyst on my leg last year and it was just skin clumped together. I had it removed no problems. This seems to be deeper and possibly on the muscle.

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to Just answer!
I would like to get more information so that I can address your concern appropriately.
How long are you having it? Can you move it around? Do you see any obvious redness, opening or swelling? Any pain when you press in there? Any swollen gland in groin?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have no idea how long I have it. I was washing myself one day and I remember finding it. It was small and painless so I kept an eye on it. That was a few months ago. Theres no obvious swelling, opening or redness. You would not know it is there unless you rubbed my leg at that part. There would be a feeling of pain if I pressed on it but there would be no pain otherwise. I think there is some movement in it but as its so small its hard to tell if it moves a lot or not. I have not had any swelling and I have continued with my life, work, gym, etc, with no affect. Just was getting worried as it wasn't going away.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the information. Based on your description, it sounds like a benign condition as there is no associated symptoms at all even after few months. Lack of growth, swelling, pain etc are reassuring in a way. Considering its small size and slight mobility, I would think about fibroma, lipoma, cyst or tumor etc. Most of the time these are benign condition and does not have long term side effect. At this time, I do not see any obvious reason to panic. You can keep eye on it and show it to your doctor when you visit them next time. In case if you notice increase in size or bone pain, please consider earlier evaluation.

If you are worried about it much, then you can visit your doctor now for final diagnosis.

Press "ACCEPT" button if my answer was useful to you. This is the only way I can get credit for my time with you. I am still available to help you if you have any follow up question.
Thank you for visiting just answer.