CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

is eating raw flour safe My grandson, 19 yrs old, is on a body building regimen. He is

is eating raw flour safe? My grandson, 19 yrs old, is on a body building regimen. He is drinking a mixture of raw whole wheat flour (about 1/2 cup), whey protein powder, creamy peanut butter, and water and shaking it up and drinking it 2 times/day. This is his own invention, has been doing this for about 2 months, and apparantly is ok so far, but I am concerned if this is safe.
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.

CamilleRN :

Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. Flour is very dry so it doesn't encourage bacterial growth,it should not be harmful in any way. I hope that puts your mind at ease...if I can help further, please let me know:-)