Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

The lobe and antitragus of both my ears are swollen and painful.

The lobe and antitragus of both my ears are swollen and painful. The first day, I also noticed some small splotching on my face below each eye and above each checkbone. The lymph node located behind my right ear is swollen. I do not have any known allergies. Is this an infection, fungus, or virus and should I seek medical attention?

Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

Is there any possiblity that you have been bitten by anything?

The symptom that you describe would seem to suggest an infection; swelling, tenderness and a swollen lymph node.

You should be evaluated by a physician. Left untreated this could lead to serious complications.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Nurse Milli. I don't believe I was bitten by anything.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do not believe so. What else could be possible? Could this be a fungal problem?

Hi there and thank you for the reply

Swelling and pain are indicative of a possible skin infection, and the splotching could mean the infection is spreading...so it would probably be best if you have your Dr take a quick look at it. If you don't have a regular Dr, you could see an urgent care facility and they can see you and treat you. In the meantime, try not to touch the area to keep from spreading the infection.

Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience: 20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.