Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
14180959

If you had breast cancer that was missed and it has metastized

If you had breast cancer that was missed and it has metastized into lymphnodes would you feel pain in your armpit, arm and back? Would there be any other symptoms?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer,

The breast cancer may present with pain and tenderness.In many cases there are no symptoms at all.

The symptoms vary from woman to woman.

Here is the link for more information

symptoms of breast cancer

Let me know if you have any doubt
.

Thank you
Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)
Experience: M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

could the pain that I am experiencing along with being tired and some muscle soreness (I am a 3 time Ironman finisher) that is not warranted be fibromyalgia? I have had a bunch on blood work done and the only thing is lowish RBC......perhaps I am just being a worrier and creating things that are not there.

I had a screening mammogram, a diagnostic an ultrasound, was booked for a biopsy but the Dr. could not find what the other tests indicated and she was the one who reviewed the other tests.....she said it appears that it is just my breast tissue - he said she could not find anything to biopsy and recommended a 6 month follow up. My doctor not happy and is sending me to a clinic at the 3 month mark that does nothing but BC - I do not know what to make of that decision.......

Expert:  Dr. RK replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer,

The breast cancer can be confirmed by biopsy.If the biopsy is positive then the treatment is started accordingly.

If there is lump with negative biopsy report then you should consider for the periodic follow up since the breast cancer may arise from the lump.You should consult the surgeon as well for the surgical option if there is lump.

The other causes of pain like fibromyalgia, nerve irritation, electrolyte imbalance, multiple sclerosis, hiv infection etc should also be ruled out.

Here is the link for more information

causes of pain

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you