Julia Kizhner
Julia Kizhner, Physician Assistant
Experience:  7 years experience working in Primary Care as well as Gastroenterology, Sleep Medicine & Weight Loss
23717712

Hi, As i said in my previous mail , i had suffered a head

Customer Question

As i said in my previous mail , i had suffered a head injury 2 hours ago.
Now I don't have a bump, but i have a little headache.Also I went to bed late last night so i am not sure of the cause of my pain.I also feel some pressure.
What kind of injury can produce a brain tumor or head cyst?

Do you think i should go to a hospital?

I mention that i am on a diet, i want to lose weight
Category: Health
Expert:  Julia Kizhner replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

From what I understand, you hit your head on a car door. If that's the case, this injury will NOT cause you a brain tumor or a head cyst.

The most this type of injury can do it to cause a bruise which, in turn, will cause a headache. Your headache is most likely due to the fact that you hit your head (similarly, if you hit your arm, your arm would hurt).

Our biggest worry with any head injury is bleeding inside the brain, however, the type of injury you sustained should not cause that. However, if you develop worsening headache, changes in vision, nausea or vomiting, you need to go to ER. If you don't develop these symptoms, there is no need to go.

I hope you find this information helpful. Please feel free to follow-up with any other questions you might have.

If you are satisfied with the answer, please do click 'Accept' button so that I may get credit for my work.

Best wishes and good luck,

Julia

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What means change in vision?

I feel a little bit dizzy.

I am also on a diet.COuld this be because of my injury?

I am sorry, I couldn't answer you right away.

By changes in vision I mean sudden loss of vision or double vision or blurry vision.

Your diet is really not related to your injury or to your symptoms, although if you are hungry, it can cause some headaches and it can make you feel lightheaded.

If you are really worried about how you feel, you should go to ER. It is very hard to give an advice over the computer without having a chance to speak to you or examine you. Chances are you are just fine but if this will continue to worry you, you should get checked out. You are in tune with your body much more than we are, on the other end of the world.