Julia Kizhner
Julia Kizhner, Physician Assistant
Experience:  7 years experience working in Primary Care as well as Gastroenterology, Sleep Medicine & Weight Loss

hi, just wondering what you think. Just above my left knee

hi, just wondering what you think. Just above my left knee on my lower thigh i have, what i can only describe as almost a skin bubble.....i dont think its a mole. Its a really small, kind of light browny almost skin coloured bubble. its really small and barely noticable. It does not bother me atall, and its feels almost like i could tear it off if i wanted to ( i wont dont worry!) When you touch it, theres nothing in it, which is why i said its like a tiny bubble. It has never changed shape or colour or bothered me. Mf wife has a good few moles and this is nothing like them. Would you have any idea what that could be? Thanks . Gerry, Male, 32
Category: Health
Expert:  Julia Kizhner replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, Could you please tell me, when you press on it, does it feel hard or does it feel more like a blister (fluid filled)? How long have you had it? If possible, can you take a picture of it and attach it here for me to see? Thanks,Julia
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
its completely soft . there is nothing in it. not to be rude but it feels like if i stuck a pin in it I could actually burst it or literally tear it off. i am not sure how long i have it. years i'd say . Cant take a foto i am afraid.
Thank you for your reply, There are many types of moles that can arise on the skin. Some are flat and brown, other are clear and elevated, some are red, some have some kind of base tissue to them and some don't. It sounds that you have a normal, benign mole. I was asking you if there was any hardness to make sure you don't have a mole called Dermatofibroma (benign mole) but it doesn't sound that that's what you have. Since your mole has been there for years and has not changed in size, shape or color, you have nothing to worry about. We worry about moles based on the rule of ABCD - if they are Assymetric, have irregular Borders, multiple Colors, and Diameter of over 6 mm. But most important is to watch for a mole that suddenly starts to change its color or shape. I hope you find this information helpful. Please feel free to follow-up with any other questions you might have. If you are satisfied with the answer, please do click 'Accept' button so that I may get credit for my work. Best wishes and good luck,Julia
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

its certainly symmetrical, its very soft to touch all the way around, its kinda of skin coloured to lightish brown at the top, and its smaller than my smallest finger nail

All sound ok to you?

Yes, this sounds completely normal. You have nothing to worry about.

You can go on and just put in "skin moles" under search engine. Once you get a page open, click on "Images" (upper right corner) to see all kinds of pictures of moles. It will give you an idea of the "bad" moles vs. "good" moles.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I will be happy to assist you further.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks doc :)