Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate

Can a prescription for Percocet be called in overthe phone

Can a prescription for Percocet be called in overthe phone of faxed to the pharmacy or do I need to actually pick up the precription since its a narcotic and controlled substance? I live in NJ
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
I am very sorry to say, but we are not allow to prescribe medications from this website because there is no doctor-patient relationship - so even your own doctor will need to write a prescription or electronically send the prescription - pharmacies do not accept over the phone for narcotics because of the regulations by the States and by the DEA which require us to write these types of prescriptions on certain prescription pads.
Thank you for your question - and I do NOT expect you to Accept, take care.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was not trying to buy them on a website. My questions was can my personal doctors fax in a prescription to the pharmacy? Since you say that they can not phone in the order. Correct? Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Oh yes, it can be faxed but usually has to be followed with a regular script the next business.