drknowsbest, Doctor
Experience:  DO board certified family practitioner spec. in womens health

Im a 43 yr old somewhat active male, 168lbs 5 8. Im a FedEx

I'm a 43 yr old somewhat active male, 168lbs 5' 8. I'm a FedEx courier on a business route in Phila area that does alot of walking for 19 years and lately I have been getting a tingling sensation on the back of my head, r side and some shoulder pain on the same side and where my r arm connects to the shoulder also. This shoulder pain sometimes kills me. I had a physical approx 6 months ago & the nurse said healthy as a horse but I'm concerned about both the tingling and sharp shoulder pain. My blood pressure, pr nurse was great. Any clue? Thx
Category: Health
Expert:  drknowsbest replied 5 years ago.

drknowsbest :

most of the time pain with tingling in this area is a "pinched nerve"

drknowsbest :

this is a phrase for impingment of the nerve to the arm/shoulder being pressed on by arthritic calcium deposits, swelling from strain, or a herniated or bulging disc

drknowsbest :

this area you speak of gets supplied by nerves that start in the neck and run down

drknowsbest :

if your ekg was fine this is reassurance but not 100%, i woulf discuss an xray of your neck with your dr first but if completely normal then a neurologist can do a test called an EMG that can tell if it is nerve compression, if not then a stress test is warranted

i see you stepped out so i switched to q&a

if no more questions please press accept

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So the possibility of this being a pinched nerve or something to that nature might be why it starts at the shoulder & runs up to neck and ends on the r side, back of head?
most definitely this is the exact pattern