Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
12501846

I have a lump in my left butt cheek and it is absolutely painless.

I have a lump in my left butt cheek and it is absolutely painless. I have had it for over an year now and i just started to think I need to get it checked. Is it something I have be worried about ?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to Just answer!
I would like to get more information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

How big is it? Is it growing in size? Is it on the skin or inside? Where exactly is this lump? Any pain discomfort at around anal region?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is probably the size of a very small raisin. It is inside the skin and I can only feel it when I touch that particular area. No discomfort around the anal area and no pain when I sit or do my chores. The lump is only left butt cheek very close to the crack, just outside the crack area.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the information. Based on your description, you just have painless lump without any other associated symptoms. Since you have it for a year without any obvious problems, it sounds like a bening condition such as cyst, lipoma or tumor. Personally, I don't anticipate any serious problem, but it is better to have it evaluated to know the nature of lump.

Press "ACCEPT" button if my answer was useful to you. This is the only way I can get credit for my time with you. I am still available to help you if you have any follow up question.
Thank you for visiting just answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can you tell me what kind of treatment options I am looking at to get rid of this lump? Is it something I have to get checked immediately? Are there any home remedies that can help me?
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 3 years ago.
If it is a cyst or lipoma, these are bening condition and no treatment is required for asymptomatic cases like yours. If needed or become symptomatic surgical removal can be done.
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience: Years of experience in patients' management.