911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Emergency Physician

Hi , I have pain in my right between my wrist and elbow, it

Hi ,
I have pain in my right between my wrist and elbow, it seems to hert in the middle of the arm, when i poke around in my arm as i got closer to my elbow, more or less i would say were my trycept is , is were it herts the most, not on the mucel but more closer to the elbow , if i press on it and then the pain gos from there down to my wrist, my wrist and the middle of my arm have been herting on and off and now is in the middle most of the time, it is a dull bit painfull and precestant, any clue to what you thank i can do to get it to stop or what mite be the cause of it ?
Category: Health
Expert:  911Doctor replied 2 years ago.

911Doctor :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

911Doctor :

Have you had any injury to that arm?

911Doctor :

What do you do for work?

911Doctor :

Have you had an Xray of the arm?

911Doctor :

do you have any other medical problems?

911Doctor :

standing by.

Customer:

i havent done any thing to it that i no of, i drive a forklift at work and stock some times, im all so working on remodleing one of my houses so i can rent it out . so ive been doing a lot of carrying, removing of old stuff out of the house ( dry wall , tub, sink , cabnets, ect ), i havent had an x ray yet , i figerd id ask the ? before i go to the doc, last year i had my L4 to S1 fused and have sinis issues but thats about it.

911Doctor :

ok, very good....

911Doctor :

is there any redness to the skin where it hurts? any warmth to the skin? when you press on the sore spot do any of your fingers hurt? if so, which ones....

Customer:

no redness, no warmth, none of my fingers hert but the pain dose go down the middle / side of my arm, some times down to my wrist, but if i move the spot from left to right , like to push on it and move it from side to side , it makes all most up to my middle finger up to the nucule twich or i can see it move, after i let go the pain starts from the spot down to about half way down my arm.

911Doctor :

sounds like you have a problem with the ulnar nerve... the nerve that makes your arm tingle if you hit your elbow wrong.... the 'funny bone'.... as most would call it....

911Doctor :

the right thing to do for the moment is to keep the elbow flexed and in a sling and to apply ice to the area.... but, soon, you WILL need to see a physician... if you can choose, I would pick an orthopedist as they know the most about this.... a family practice doc would do almost as well....

911Doctor :

The point is to find out what is causing this and to fix it.... occasionally, ulnar nerve problems can require surgery... but for now, resting your arm and icing it and taking motrin or alleve (if you are not allergic) would be a good first step.... after that you need a physician to touch and examine you to get to the diagnosis.

Customer:

thanks, dan

911Doctor, Doctor
Experience: Board Certified Emergency Physician