Julia Kizhner
Julia Kizhner, Physician Assistant
Experience:  7 years experience working in Primary Care as well as Gastroenterology, Sleep Medicine & Weight Loss
23717712

I took off my aunts bandage

Julia only..........I took off my aunts bandage i am going to attach a couple pics to let you see, if you think it looks like normal drainage. I don't know if the wound be gone could have stained the pad yellow or not. I think they told me before it could. I still have that other question open for you too!
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
What is the bandage from - from where and did she have surgery and what type of surgery?

Hi Beth,

Yes, the bandage looks normal. Its a serous fluid that is expected to be secreted from the wound. I think wound-be-gone just made it more colorful. I would personally put antibiotic ointment (like triple antibiotic or Polysporin - both available over-the-counter) on the wound until the stitches come off (just preventative).

What we want to make sure is that the wound is not secreting pus that you can actually see yourself and that the wound is not getting red streaks around it and not getting warm.

Ok, I am now going back to your other question. Sorry, came home last night and was too tired to open the computer.

Julia Kizhner, Physician Assistant
Experience: 7 years experience working in Primary Care as well as Gastroenterology, Sleep Medicine & Weight Loss