Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Im always tired. I work two jobs one really early in the morning

Im always tired. I work two jobs one really early in the morning have to be there at 430 but I keep over sleeping. But when I wake up im still tired so when I go into my other job that I have to be at at 8 I don't want to do anything and im easily frustrated and aggravated. What can I do to be the employee that I want to be.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 5 years ago.

Anthony Bray MD :

Hello!

Anthony Bray MD :

How many hours per day are you working?

Anthony Bray MD :

It may be more of a matter of being realistic and dropping the least vaulable job. Perhaps you are expected too much from yourself.

Anthony Bray MD :

You might try to be more disciplined to go to bed earlier to help adjust your time to go to sleep back some , then making it easier to get up in the morning.

Anthony Bray MD :

You can try caffeine in the AM of course to help wake up. Exercise in general would tend to help your sense of energy(if your jobs are not that physical)

Anthony Bray MD :

There are stimulants that might be prescribed but would not really be advised for the situation that you describe.

Anthony Bray MD :

Provigil promotes wakefulness for example.

Anthony Bray MD :

You could discuss further with your doctor.

Anthony Bray MD :

You could rule out a problem such as hypothyroidism or anemia which might contribute to abnormal fatigue.

Anthony Bray MD :

I hope this information helps. If you have further questions/information or points of discussion then let me know and I will be happy to get back with you.

Anthony Bray MD :

If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to press the "ACCEPT" button. Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD :

Anthony Bray MD