Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

I am unable to pass a large stool. There is pressure on my

I am unable to pass a large stool. There is pressure on my prostrate gland from the stool preventing me from urinating. This is the first time I have had this problem.

When have you been checked for prostate by your doctor? Do you have any recent ultrasonography of the prostate? Is there any significant past illness?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just had my prostrate checked last week. It is oversized, but it has always been since I was a young man. The Dr said there wasn't any problem. My only problem now is te oversized stool. and its pressure on my prostrate. I can't pass the stool because it is so large.
Thank you for the input,

When you have checked your prostate recently, you can take some measures to relieve constipation. High fiber diet, plenty of water, exercise are good to have soft stool. Vegetables & fresh fruits, whole cereals should be taken. Examples of such foods include beans, whole grains and bran cereals, fresh fruits,vegetables such as asparagus, brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots etc. Diets with 20 -35 gms of fibers helps to keep stool soft which can help to make the smaller size of stool. Plenty of fluid intake is important to keep the consistency soft.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
For the most part I have been following your suggestions. Today I didn't drink as many fluids as I normally do. This is the first time I have had this problem, though I do have a hard stool even though I have been taking in fiber and fluids in adition to the stool softener with a mild laxative.
Do you feel pressure in rectum and bladder both now? How long are you not passing any urine?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had to push the stoo back up from the rectum and then I felt the pressure on my prostrate. Since I have been drinking a lot of water to help soften the stool the pressure on my bladder has been increasing. but I have been unable to urinate.
You can use a dulcolux suppository to relieve the constipation. If it is the cause, then it can help. You can apply hot and cold pad alternately in the lower abdomen. You can try passing urine with tap running. Sometimes sound of the tap can help in urination. Otherwise you have to go to emergency for management.
If you are satisfied with the answer, please press the ACCEPT button so that I can be compensated for my time & effort. Regards.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The stool moves readily to the opening of the rectum. Tfluids that I have taken in moves past the stool but when I strain to pass the stool, I can't pass it and I have to push it back just to relieve the pressure and discomfort. Do you think an enema would help soften and break it up so that I can pass it?
If the suppository does not help, enema can be needed.