Julia Kizhner
Julia Kizhner, Physician Assistant
Experience:  7 years experience working in Primary Care as well as Gastroenterology, Sleep Medicine & Weight Loss

I have a very large, very sore cyst on my upper left arm.

I have a very large, very sore cyst on my upper left arm. I have had iit lanced a number of years back and they told me it was very deep. Now it is huge and I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow but doctors usually send you to a specialist and I don't have the money to see someone else. I'm 71 years of age and I need to get this thing taken care of. The pain is really bad. Help....
Margaret MacAteer
Category: Health
Expert:  Julia Kizhner replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

It sounds that your cyst has gotten infected - you may actually not need to see anyone other then your GP. You may need antibiotics to take care of the infection and once the infection calms down, soreness will go away. Eventually you may decide to have the cyst removed. Usually cysts are never removed while there is an active infection.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I will be ha to assist you further.

If you are satisfied with the answer, please do click 'Accept' button so that I may get credit for my work.

Best wishes and good luck,