Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate
18703594

Currently I am taking a long drive home approximately 10 hrs.

Currently I am taking a long drive home approximately 10 hrs. I've gotten out three times now and have been taking 325 mg of asprin every few hours. I'm having a strange pain in my left thigh. Its burning down the front and sore down the back. the soreness is worse when I pull my knee towards my chest. I have had 4 negative dopplers in the past and have no clotting disorders to my knowledge. Should I be concerned about a blood clot?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
Have you thought about anxiety for this - because honestly very unlikely you have a blood clot.....?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you think it could be anxiety related?
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
From what we have discussed in the past and all the results you have had, and the fact you are YOUNG, and you are taking asprin, it is very much unlikely that you have a blood clot - but if you are truly concerned, then go to the nearest Emergency room to get a doppler study to make sure you do not have a blood clot.
I hope this helps, and if you do not have a clot - have your doctor evaluate you for anxiety or even OCD - Obsessive compulsiveness - I hope this helps, take care.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you think its necessary to go to the emergency room?
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
If you are having pain then I would recommend going to the emergency room
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Its more of a burning pain, and the back of my leg hurts when l pull my leg to my chest. I guess I'm confused. Doyou think I could have a clot!?
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Without an exam it is impossible to tell -
If you have one calf bigger than the oterh, then you have a 'higher' likelihood of a blood clot.
I hope this helps, Please click on ACCEPT, thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So I came home and rested last night and my leg feels better. It feels sore still, but better, should I be okay?
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
If you are feeling better this is wonder-
I hope I was helpful yesterday, Please click on ACCEPT, thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So should I worry about a clot?
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
If you are feeling better, unlikely you have a clot - but if you are still having pain - then get this evaluated.
Thank you.