CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

I teach, and I had to stand and lecture for an hour and I sat

I went to work on Tuesday and went I arrived there was no air conditioning in my building. I teach, and I had to stand and lecture for an hour and I sat in my office after my class for 2 hours. There are no windows in the floor where I work and it was around 95-96 outside and between 90-95 inside. I started to sweat and become hot, so I made sure that I was drinking water (32 oz). By the time I was able to leave work I felt terrible. My body was shaking all over, my left arm felt like it was about to tighten, pulse was 130-150, and I felt very weak. I went home and continued to drink plenty of water for the rest of the day. My BP and pulse were normal at this time. On Tuesday night I had trouble sleeping and continued to sweat a lot. Today, I woke up still feeling very exhausted, but I began feeling better around lunch. This afternoon, I have once again begun to feel very fatigue and weak and I have had a headache. There have been no symptoms other than these. The average temperature outside has been over the past week has been around 95. Your thoughts please?
I am a 32 year old male.
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.

CamilleRN :

Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. I think you became overheated and then began to get anxious. You did everything correctly, drinking the water,resting. Certain conditions can make one less tolerant to heat including thyroid disorders. I would recommend that if you feel like your heat tolerance is poor and if you continue to feel fatigued, see your Doctor for an exam and some blood work to rule out an endocrine problem.

So it is normal to feel exhausted the day after an event like this?

CamilleRN :

yes, it can be