CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

top of my husbands left foot hurts constantly for 3 to 4 month

The top of my husbands left foot hurts constantly for 3 to 4 month now. It feels like it needs to pop when he walks. When he cracks or adjusts it , it feels better for a few seconds. What is the problem and how do I help him?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.

CamilleRN :

Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. Does he have any swelling? Redness?

Customer:

no

Customer:

hello

CamilleRN :

Hi... he may have something called tendonitis...

Customer:

even though it feels like it needs to pop when he walks?

Customer:

he dose alot of driving and his foot stays in one position for long durations of time

CamilleRN :

which is an inflammation of the tendon.( this commonly happens on the top of the foot ) This would be the result of repetitive movement with the foot or a strain from an unusual movement. Treatment is ice to the area and anti inflammatories such as ibuprofen per package directions as well as avoidance of any movement that would cause pain. If it is tendonitos from misuse or over use and you follow these measures it should clear up in a few days to a couple of weeks.

also........have him try TOPRICIN cream ( Available at health food stores only) THis amazing product will help more than any other topical I know of... and give him enough comfort to continue his routine activities without pain. I hope this info helps you and I hope your foot gets better FAST! :-)

CamilleRN :

Yes... driving is a very common cause

CamilleRN :

I am looking for a link for the TOpricin

CamilleRN :

http://www.topricin.com/

Customer:

hmmmm. thank you for your advice i will look into this ;-)

CamilleRN :

You are very welcome:-)