A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

What is the test 35105N SAP 5-50 w/NIT testing for (test done

What is the test 35105N SAP 5-50 w/NIT testing for? (test done through Quest Diagnostics). I am doing this for pre-employment testing. I take birth control and lamictal. Does it test for those? Can those two affect the test?
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. That is the typical pre-employment drug test looking for illegal drugs. It doesn't test for birth control or Lamictal and neither drug will influence the outcome. If you aren't taking illegal drugs, you have nothing to worry about.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I prefer to not mention that I'm on Lamictal. Will the test show that I'm using Lamictal?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I understand the answer that birth control and lamictal will not influence the outcome of the test. BUT.....will the test show that I am taking Lamictal?

They don't even test for Lamictal or oral contraceptives. Just for information that you can store away, even if you were found to have taken an opiate (one of the drugs they do test for), for example, the Medical Review Officer for Quest would contact you personally before any report was made to the employer. If you have a prescription for it, the physician will report it as a negative test. They are only looking for illegal drugs, not the ones your provider prescribes for you.