CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

Can someone have the linea nigra without being pregnant I

Can someone have the linea nigra without being pregnant? I had sex with a condom on April 9th and took plan b on April 11th, had a normal period, and am now 6 days late for my next period. I seem to have a very faint line from my belly button to my pubic bone. I had a negative blood pregnancy test 6 weeks after sex, and a negative urine test at my doctor's office this morning.
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.

CamilleRN :

Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. the answer is YES. A linea negra is a line that runs from the pubic bone to the navel. In most women it is hardly noticeable..but in darker skinned females it is more noticible. IT darkens during pregnancy in most women.