A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

my girl friend has a hi fever, cant eat soup, feels sick, she

my girl friend has a hi fever, cant eat soup, feels sick, she just finished a course of penicillin, what should she do?

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. How high is her fever? How long has she been sick? Why was she taking penicillin? Is she able to keep water and other liquids down?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
she was treated for ovarian inflammation

How high is her fever?

How long has she been sick with the fever?

Is she able to keep water and other liquids down?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

she got home yesterday, looked pale and felt tired, she only has the fever today, she said she tried soup but could not finish because she felt six, she has not tried other liquids, she does not want to,

With fever, it is easy to become dehydrated and she needs to sip fluids. It is easier to keep a few sips down than to try to drink 2-3 ounces at once.

You still didn't tell me how high her fever is. If her fever is below 103ºF (39.5ºC) with paracetamol, it isn't too high although it can make her uncomfortable. She can sponge off with tepid water to lower it.