Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
12501846

hello i experience dry mouth & it seems the more water i

hello
i experience dry mouth & it seems the more water i drink the drier my mouth feels,als when i wake in the morning i have blood in my mouth then don't have any more all day
Thanks
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to Just answer!
I would like to get more information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

How often you notice mouth dryness? Do you feel thirsty? Are you a mouth breather? Do you snore? Is that bright red fresh blood in your mouth?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
sometimes i think its when i am nervous & i do feel thirsty,no mouth breather,snore sometimes & sometimes it is bright red other times a darker brown
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 3 years ago.
Do you have any stomach problem or lungs problem? Have you been investigated for it? When was your last blood test?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no stomach or lung problems,blood work was probably 2 yrs ago had problem then but did not mention to doctor
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the information. Based on your description, you seem to have these symptoms for a while. It is not normal to have blood in your mouth so you will have to go for further investigation to find out the source of bleeding which could be oral cavity, respiratory tract or stomach. I also see that your last blood work was 2 years ago, so you may like to have one now to rule out potential cause that can cause dry mouth. Some of the possible causes of dry mouth are medication use, infection of salivary glands, smoking, mouth breathing, sleep apnea, or other systematic disease. I think you have two obvious reason to see your doctor so that it can be taken care appropriately. Considering the course of your symptoms sounds like a benign problem, but further investigation is must.

Press "ACCEPT" button if my answer was useful to you. This is the only way I can get credit for my time with you. I am still available to help you if you have any follow up question.
Thank you for visiting just answer.
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience: Years of experience in patients' management.