CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

What is the best thing to do for chronic pain that is excruciating

Customer Question

What is the best thing to do for chronic pain that is excruciating? How do I get off of the pain medication/chronic pain merry-go-round with no money for treatment? I am so distraught over this, and it has been going on for almost 2 years. I have had 2 surgeries in less than a year, and feel as if there is no hope for me for a better life.
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.

CamilleRN :

Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. I am so sorry you are suffering so much. Please tell me...What is causing your pain? Where is the pain? What medications do you currently take?

JACUSTOMER-heafjjlc- :

I have back pain. In August I had a six level laminectomy. I fractured the L2 vertebrae several years ago. I am overweight due to pain, surgery and epidurals. Menopause and having my thryoid medicine more than cut in 1/2 didn't help the weight issue. Then my knee went out in October. Just had surgery May 12, 2011. Arthroscopic, meniscus tears plus a procedure where they drill hole in the bone. Post surgery I was taking Oxycontin, now I am on Norco 10/325. I also occasionally take sleep medication like Ambien, or sometimes a clonazpem. I take Synthroid .150 once a day. I also take high grade fish oil, vitamin D, glucosamine, Niacinimide (to help rebuild tissue) plus Oxyflex (a vitamin). I literally went to sleep last night crying and screaming because the pain is so excruciating. I don't know who or where to turn to. I have prayed that God would take my life because I am tired, so so tired.

CamilleRN :

I am really sorry. I understand how bad you must feel.Is the pain that makes you feel the worse the pain where you just had surgery?

JACUSTOMER-heafjjlc- :

So what is your suggestion? If you are an RN and I am already under the care of a doctor. I'm not sure if you can help. My page says that you are offline.

JACUSTOMER-heafjjlc- :

No the most excruciating pain is in my lower back and down my right let.

CamilleRN :

Yes I am an RN

CamilleRN :

but....

CamilleRN :

I want to try to offer a suggestion that may help

JACUSTOMER-heafjjlc- :

Thank you. It's getting to where I have nothing to look forward to in my life, just more pain.

CamilleRN :

There is a cream that works amazingly well. I have witnessed many patients rave about it's effectiveness.. patients with sciatica... carpal tunnell,, tendonitis etc.. it's Called Topricin and is only available at holistic medicine shops, health food stores and the internet. It works by decreasing inflammation, increasing circulation, and encouraging lymphatic drainage. Please try it and come back and let me know how you feel. Here is a link to read more about it:
TOPRICIN

CamilleRN :

This is by no means a cure... but it may give you alot of relief..especially when you need to fall asleep at night.

JACUSTOMER-heafjjlc- :

I have tried many topical treatments, but I am certainly not opposed to trying another one. Thank you for your time. I still feel that my issue goes much much deeper and I feel that I am in need of some type of inpatient or outpatient care. I will contact my pain management doctor when he returns from vacation. This has been going on for two years and is very very complicated.

CamilleRN :

I totally agree... this IS what you need. What is standing in the way of this being done? Do you see a Neurologist?