physician123, Doctor
Experience:  MD

I continue to have pain and discomfort in the upper stomach,

Customer Question

I continue to have pain and discomfort in the upper stomach, chest area. I have been to ER and they checked out my heart and it was good. They did chest x-ray and saw the heidal hernia and acid reflux and gave me maalox and nexium and some pain medication. I went to my primary care doctor who is making an appointment with gastroologist. I feel that the hernia is causing alot of the pain as it goes through to the back. The doctor's say they don't think that it could cause it but I disagree. I have had my gallbladder out and have scar tissue in that area too so really would like to know what is going on but realize that it probably will need more tests. I read an articile in the New York Times on women with hernia's how doctors have problem making right diagnosis and correct the problem. The articile is titled,"In Women, Hernias May Be Hidden I hope I will have better luck soon with the correct diagnosis.
Category: Health
Expert:  physician123 replied 5 years ago.

physician123 :

physician123 :

Welcome to just answer.