CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

my vit d level is low, my doctor put me on plain vit d, i know

my vit d level is low, my doctor put me on plain vit d, i know there are different kinds of this vit. Is there a way of letting me know which vit d I should be taking?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.

CamilleRN :

Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today.Vitamin D3 binds with calcium for proper absorption. When choosing WHICH D you should purchase, consider the fact that Vitamin D3 is more effective, D2 does not circulate as long in the body, which means it does not offer full time benefits. Here is an article to read more about the difference between Vitamin D3 and D2: READ HERE

Customer:

I also have sarcoidosis, could this be affecting the way my body absorbs vit d

CamilleRN :

Excess of Vitamin D might contribute to the inflammation in Sarcoidosis..please clarify with your Doctor about the Vitamin D.. in many cases, it is not advisable.