Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,
First of all, was the diagnosis made on physical exam or on MRI:?
No MRI yet, we planed to do that if I want to fix it surgically. We had decided to wait and see if I could deal with it. I thought I could but it is getting worse.
Secondly, there is no rushing surgery and you really have no option here....
If you do not do the surgery, then you will quickly become immobile or at least, much less mobile... be walking around on a cane or crutches....
That is what I was afraid of, what about the PRP?
But with the surgery, depending on whether this is really a meniscal tear or something worse you could be either in and out same day and have some time on crutches and with knee braced.... but if it's a meniscal repair then they are fairly simple and the recovery pretty reasonable...
Here is a link that will help....
If it is indeed a torn meniscus you will be doing your wife and YOU a big favor by getting it fixed and rehabbing your knee ASAP. Delaying this will hurt you both.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Ok, once again thank you for the good advice.