Charogat
Charogat, Doctor
Experience:  Licensed in both NYS and NJ with experience in surgery and medicine.
16403115

head wound which resulted in fractured skull loss..blood..concussion

Customer Question

Hi... Could a head wound which resulted in fractured skull loss of blood & possible concussion
Have any impact ..in death 7 days later when doing a contact sport ie football! Thanks
Category: Health
Expert:  Charogat replied 5 years ago.

Charogat :

hi#

Charogat :

Hi, and thank you for coming to JustAnswer.com with your question.

Charogat :

It is quite common for any injury to the scalp to bleed profusely, as there is a huge blood supply to the scalp.

Charogat :

It is possible that the head injury contributed to the death a week later.

Charogat :

If there was some damage when the head injury occurred that caused a clot it could have become dislodged. Also, if an area of the brain was more injured than realized and became ischemic (lost blood flow) it could have been weakened.

Charogat :

I'm sorry to hear of this terrible event and hope the family finds comfort very soon.

Charogat :

G-d Bless

Charogat :

end#

Charogat :

If you have any follow-up questions for me please feel free to ask them.

Charogat :

________________________

Charogat :

If you are satisfied with the doctor's answer please click 'accept' so that she can be paid. BONUSES and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are not expected, but are always appreciated.

JACUSTOMER-jfk0fz1l- : Thank you for that! The brain was examined could,t see any clots etc!? I believe the microscopic size of the chaos that prob occured axons & neurons metabolic crisis! Saying no research in englang ! That's not good enough when my son died is it!! He obv exerted himself too soon!? His deep cut was above his eye fractured his skull!? They didn,t know this that's why he went playing football!? Had 4 stiches & rested all wk! Very healthy no internal defects could be found!? Only the fracture showed up at post mortem!? 6ft 2! Obv an electrical fault happened for him just to drop & die!? More rest if I had known about fracture and antibiotics for the deep open wound!! Any advice most helpful.