Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Twenty years experience in active private practice

lymph nodes

Customer Question

Do you have lymph nodes in your labia area? Inner area? I have what feels like a lipoma soft mobile and squishy. Feels like a ball of fat! No pain, no tenderness. No redness
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD replied 3 years ago.

There are no lymph nodes in the labia or vulval region.

If the lump is in the lower part of the labia, you could have a Bartholin's cyst - an enlargement of the Bartholin's gland due to clogging of its duct.

Please apply a warm pack on the vulva for 10 minutes three times a day - this may open up the duct and help drainage of the gland. If it does not you will need to see a doctor about draining it.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, please click on the green"Accept" button on this page. A positive rating and adding a bonus will be warmly appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks! Its at the top, not a b cyst...on my fat pad?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Could it be fat?
If it is on the fat pad, then yes, it could be fat - what you can feel is probably a pad of fat surrounded by fibrous tissue - which is quite normal. But if you handle it, the fat could become slightly swollen and feel like a lump.

Please avoid touching the area for at least 2 weeks - you should see the lump disappearing after that.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you! I have noticed its more mobile after I've been messing with it, it feels like a lipoma, could it be if it doesn't go away?
A lipoma is very rare in that region. But yes, it could be if it does not go away. But I doubt it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok, because I noticed it a while ago, but actually just started to mess with it and noticed that it moves! It feels like fat. Is it a safe guess to say this is just normal loose fat?
Yes, this is probably just normal loose fat.
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Twenty years experience in active private practice
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
One more thing! I had this checked by an ob today, she thaught it was a labial cyst. Not a bartholomine cyst, its too high for that. 99% sure its benign. Are these common? Pea sized and very mobile! If it were cancereous would it feel different?!
Labial cysts are not very common but when they do occur they are always benign, never cancerous.

A cancerous lump would feel hard and would not be mobile.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok, what in the world would have caused this?! Do you know if they go away? Reguardless, I still think its a ball of fat. But she's the Dr..! So no matter what this mystery lump is your. Guess is its benign?
It is definitely benign.

Please do not worry - it should go away or become smaller in time if it is just fat or a cyst.

If not, you can get it removed or lanced . But treatment is not necessary.