Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  Wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

yes hi i have a problem with my face most unusual

Customer Question

yes hi i have a problem with my face most unusual i woke up 2 weeks ago with a tickling.. tingling pins and needles sensation on my face it was like someone was tickling my face with a feather and it was more noticeable on my nose and inside my nose now it is on my top and bottom lip and above my eyebrow it is more notieable when i am laying down with my face on the pillow i saw a doctor and he thought it was an allergy or something but after certain medications nothing as worked and he doesnt know it also at times feels like someone is stabbing my face with a needle but this TICKLING feeling inside my nose drives me crazy i cant sleep i thought it was the hairs in my nose tickling my nose but no can you please help
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Das, MD replied 5 years ago.

It is likely that your Facial nerve is irritated or inflamed due to some reason. The facial nerve enters the face from just above the ear. Any swelling or inflammation in that region - for example a problem with the tympano-mandibular joint, or the salivary gland - will put pressure on the nerve and cause the tingling and pins and needle sensation you have.

When you lie down, the pressure on the nerve will increase.

Please consult a neurologist or an ENT specialist for a checkup

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to ask a followup question if necessary. If not, please click the green 'Accept' button on this page. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback will be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so you believe it is not a infection of some kind facial or maybe a gum infection even though i have no trouble there
An infection would cause pain rather than a tingling or pins and needles sensation. This type of sensation is cased by pressure on a nerve or irritation of the nerve due to some cause.

If you have a gum infection, that too can cause inflammation of the Facial nerve and cause these sensations.

I hope this helps.