Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

i fell on my wrist

i fell on my wrist i immidatly heard a thud like snap a sound ihavenever heard b4 i then felt a bit dizzy cause of the noise i cant even explain but i never heard ot b4, no pian til a few hours after know really sore wrisst thumb and middle finger, cant even open a lid on the milk with out pain and cant point my hand dom to the floor with thefingers pointing to the ground with out real pain what does it soud like i have done? when i have the splint on with thumb thing pain is ok when i take it of wow hurts then bit of tingling in my hand 2
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 3 years ago.

Dr B :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr B :

When did this occur?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thanks what does it sound like i have done
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 3 years ago.
It sounds like you may have fractured one of the bones in your wrist. In this case, you must treat this quickly to prevent complications of pain in the future. You NEED an x ray as soon as possible to diagnose it, and you may need to be placed in a cast as soon as possible
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
4 hours ago
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 3 years ago.
Please see the answer I gave above and let me know if there is anything you don't understand or need clarified
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you i wil what do u think is fractured and what wasthe noise i heard
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 3 years ago.
The noise that you heard may be the bone breaking or a ligament tearing
The bone you broke may be the lunate bone or the scaphoid bone
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok i have pain in my forarm and elbo 2 the noise was like a deep thud does this help make it clearer ill pay after this answer u have been very helpfull
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 3 years ago.
The pain in your forearm and elbow is likely referred pain, and it is coming from your wrist, but you need to have this x rayed as soon as possible
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok thank u, the main pain is in my wrist when i try to point my fingers to the floor, and its sore to touch above my thumb,on the arm and it goes across the top of my wrist does this help u in which bone it is? what was the noise,it was a deep thud,like pop
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 3 years ago.
Then it is more likely to be the scaphoid bone
The noise you heard was likely the ligaments tearing
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
so it may not b broke then if it sounded more like ligement or is that what happens when itbreaks the noise is the liggiment and not the bone
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 3 years ago.
When the bone breaks, there is likely some ligament damage as well, and that is likely what you heard
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok thank u i new instantl somthing wernt right,aand i cried to but not cause of pain cause of the noise i heard y was this
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome
Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this topic

If not, please click the green ACCEPT button to end this session
Bonuses and positive feedback are much appreciated
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
why did i cry and go shaky after i heard the noise pain didnt happen immidiatly.
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 3 years ago.
I cannot say why since I was not there and cannot examine you

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok thank u for all yoyr help