Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

Did I just have a heart attack

Customer Question

Did I just have a heart attack
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 5 years ago.

Dr B :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr B :

Can you explain what happened?

JACUSTOMER-310vfo8w- : Been sick for monthes gastroparisis I'm positive but the test comes back neg. The test is so very flawed and unrealistic. Anyway I've been experiencing long lasting hot flashes even within just miniutes of starting housework. Night sweats. Cold chills. This week I haven't been able to breathe, try to deep breathe to catch my breath. Today I had terrible chest pain COULD NOT BREATE, backache, felt panicky although I know 100% this was not anxiety related as I've had panic disorder for 23 years (ATLEAST) I know an anxiety attack. I've had this week pain down my whole right arm. And the sweat pouring off my face and upper half! I've had hot flashes fir 2 years now but these are DIFFERENT they can last up to an hour and my periods are regular. Just got tsh results I think tsh was 0.126 am 45, 120 lbs, very light smoker. Can't quit. Vomit every day, especially liquids. Dr called today to send me and make arrangements for MAYO. right now the belching (gross) all day every day and the constant vomiting is at the bottom of my list after this weeks chest pain, very difficult time breathing, back ache, cold chills and sweaty /clammy there is more I just can't think right now!
Dr B :

How long did the pain last?

JACUSTOMER-310vfo8w- : It lasts for about anywhere from 1/2 to 2 hours if I had to guess right now
Dr B :

So the chest pain comes and goes?

JACUSTOMER-310vfo8w- : Yes
JACUSTOMER-310vfo8w- : It's the not being able to breath at the same time that's scary
JACUSTOMER-310vfo8w- : Right now I can breathe fine
Dr B :

If it keeps coming and going then it is less likely to be a heart attack, but it may be due to spasms of the arteries that supply your heart, and thus causing the pain. I think the best thing for you to do is to have an EKG as soon as possible

JACUSTOMER-310vfo8w- : Let's say it happens again tonight or tomorrow where I just can't breathe (scary) w/pain in chest, do I call 911 or just let my dr know what's going on. I'd almost rather die than go to the ER. I'll be so imbaressed if they say it's just acid indigestion. Or worse nothing
Dr B :

If it happens again you need to go to the ER, the embarrassment is not worse than the alternative

JACUSTOMER-310vfo8w- : One more thing please... Is it possible to have had some type of heart attack or something like it.... Because a person had every symptom listed but not go to the ER and feel fine after symptoms pass?!
Dr B :

Yes, it is possible if it is a minor heart attack, but not common, it does occur in diabetics though

JACUSTOMER-310vfo8w- : So do I call dr who is so famous these days even I (a fav patient) :) can't get an app right away. Or just call 911 the pain is coming back as we soeak
JACUSTOMER-310vfo8w- : Speak
Dr B :

I would recommend you call 911 and go to an ER

JACUSTOMER-310vfo8w- : UgHhh I'm so confused !!!
Dr B :

Calling your doctor will not help, unless he can see you now, you need to go to an ER or an urgent care center if the pain occurs so you can have an EKG

JACUSTOMER-310vfo8w- : Thinking if it's just pain I'm ok but if the shortness of breath acompanys the pain this time I'll die if embarrassment but I'll call. It's scary when I can't breathe!
Dr B :

You should call, it is not worth risking your life

JACUSTOMER-310vfo8w- : Ya.... Ugh..... Man I don't want to.....but I've got my beautiful baby's to think of!! Not leaving them! Not yet!
Dr B :

I agree

JACUSTOMER-310vfo8w- : Ok... Well ok. Guess I gottA go. Wow this stinks. Well ok , thank you. If you think of anything that might pertain to our talk please feel to email me. Thank you...Michelle bandyk
JACUSTOMER-310vfo8w- : [email protected]
Dr B :

You're welcome
Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this topic

If not, please click the green ACCEPT button to end this session

Dr B :

Is there anything else you would like to ask?

Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 5 years ago.
You're welcome

Bonuses and positive feedback are much appreciated