A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

Is Blue Star ointment a good treatment for ringworms and if

Is Blue Star ointment a good treatment for ringworms and if not what can I get over the counter to treat this continuing problem?
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. Please see the answer to the original question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have had this problem for several years. Sometimes I can get around cats or dogs and I start with an area about the size if a dime somewhere on either lower leg. I have used Lamisol cream, Tanactin cream,Hydrocortizone cream. and Nystantin cream. I have also taken sulfa drugs ordered by a doctor which did seem to work to heal one.

Nothing works to keep me from getting the ringworms.

Ringworm doesn't involve a worm. It is a fungal infection and can be caught over and over again, whenever someone comes into contact with the fungus. You may need to have your doctor do a scraping and make sure what you have is ringworm rather than some other type of problem.