Julia Kizhner
Julia Kizhner, Physician Assistant
Experience:  7 years experience working in Primary Care as well as Gastroenterology, Sleep Medicine & Weight Loss

her left leg and foot being super red do i take her in to the hospital

my daughter just got bite up by fireants with her left leg and foot being super red do i take her in to the hospital or do i just get some antibotics and take care of the situation at home?
Category: Health
Expert:  Julia Kizhner replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, You need to take your daughter to the hospital right away. She might be having a severe allergic reaction to the bites, rather then an infection and giving her triple antibiotics will not help. Also, if she did develop an infection of the skin secondary to the bites, she will need oral antibiotics to treat it. I would discourage you to attempt trying to treat the infection on your own. I hope you find this information helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions. If I answered your question, please do click on the 'Accept' button so that I may get credit for my work. Best wishes and good luck,Julia