DR MED MD
DR MED MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MD

I dont have high blood pressure or diabetes and recently had

I dont have high blood pressure or diabetes and recently had my cholesterol checked and it was fine. Also had an echocardiogram 2 years ago after going through chemotherapy for leukemia. Also had an EKG a couple weeks ago when I thought I was having a heart attack. I get chest discomfort alot. Not pain really but a burning pressure. I have severe indigestion and gas and bloating. I have anxiety and panic attacks and always think I am having a heart attack so I dont know when my symptoms justify medical attention, but all day I have been having heartburn and indigestion and gas i feel what I think is a stabbing pain in the middle of my chest like a burning feeling not really pain but I cant tell if it is coming from my abdomen or my heart. I took my blood pressure it was 132/82 and my heart rate is 92. I am just wondering if I should go to the E.R. I don't know why it would be a heart attack but thats always what comes to miond first. I dont have shortness of breath I just feel really full and bloated and cant tell if I am having chest pain or upper abdomen pain. Please help thanks
Category: Health
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 3 years ago.
Do you have any of the following symptoms Squeezing pain in the center of your chest that lasts for more than a few minutes or Pain extending beyond your chest to your shoulder, arm, back, Shortness of breath, Sweating, Fainting, Nausea and vomiting etc?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no the pressure is pretty much localized to my upper abdomen and chest area I do have some nausea but maybe gas related?
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 3 years ago.
Any burning sensation or heartburn?

What kind of meal you had last?

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes i have a burning sensation from my upper abdomen it feels like air is trapped in my throat like I have a lump there. my upper abdomen feels full. I ate about 3-4 hours ago had pork and vegtables. I get indigestion and gas alot. I am just wondering if it is even possible for me to have a heart attack without having high blood pressure diabetes high cholesterol or heart disease? How probable is that because I worry about it alot and get anxious about it for no reason.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
After I burp it feels good for a second and then the burning sensation comes on real strong and the pain in my chest then subsides a little
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for all the information.

Possibility of you having heart attack are less.

You are young and moreover there no underlying condition i.e diabetes m hypertension or high cholesterol.

Symptoms of gastritis , gastroesophageal reflux and excessive gas in stomach overlap with heart attach.

You need to calm down.

Take an antacid i.e omeprazole or antacid syrup . Both are OTC medication.

If there is no relief please contact your doctor.

Thanks
DR MED MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: MD