A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

Can a bad UTI cause lymph nodes to swell in the neck

Can a bad UTI cause lymph nodes to swell in the neck?
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. Lymph nodes can swell when there is inflammation or infection in the area that lymph node drains. Lymph vessels in the urinary system do not travel through the neck, so they cannot swell any lymph nodes above the abdomen.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have two small nodes in my neck which are painless and move with my skin. One was larger but has started to recede. It's been almost two weeks and I've started to sweat in my sleep the past few nights. Would you recommend a doctor visit to get a better picture?

Yes, you should see your doctor to determine if there is anything wrong other than possibly a simple upper respiratory infection.