Nurse Mandy
Nurse Mandy, Nurse
Experience:  LPN since 2000. Experience in Orthopedics, Dermatology, Cardiology & Ear Nose and Throat
8050997

WhT to do about blisters on my toes? Ouch!

Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Mandy replied 5 years ago.

My name isXXXXX you for using Just Answer. I am happy to help you with your concern.

Sorry to hear about your blisters, Ouch is right, they can be so painful.

You want to first keep the area around the blister clean. Use a disinfecting soap or mix Betadine and water together to clean the area. Make sure you dry the area very well after, pat dry do not rub. Next you need to sterilize a needle either by soaking it in betadine solution, alcohol or boil it for 3 minutes. Using clean hands carefully puncture a small hole in the base of the blister not the top, (you want to leave the skin of the blister alone to protect the skin underneath). Slowly and gently push the fluid out through the opening. Apply triple antibiotic ointment (like Neosporin) to the area and loosely cover with nonstick gauze. You want to do this daily until the blisters heal. Keep watch for signs of infection including redness, pus, swelling and heat around the blisters. Avoid tight shoes or shoes with a narrow toe box, sandals that do not touch your toes would be the best (like a flip flop).

I hope you get relief soon and the blisters heal fast. If you have any further questions, please let me know. Have a good night.