A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

My period been on for 2 weeks & 2 days today. April the 16

My period been on for 2 weeks & 2 days today. April the 16 the date it started. On april 23 it ended. That day i had sex with no condom. After sex i notice it was back. My period is sometime light and some days heavy. Recently its been heavy. Im having pains down their. I also have a minor pain in my upper side. I took a pregnacy test and it came out negative. I took a few online test, answer the questions and it said that i am bt its too early to tell. So should i be worried?
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. If you are having pain, you need to have a medical exam. If you normal period started April 16, you would be fertile at ovulation, which is about 14 days before the next period is due. If your periods are regular and 28 days apart, ovulation would be April 30 and the next period would be expected May 14. The best time to take a pregnancy test is at least a week after a skipped period (May 21). Any period that lasts more than 10 days has to be evaluated since it can cause anemia to lose so much blood.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My period starts on the 26 of the month. It came early last month. My period usually last 4-5 days max.

That doesn't alter things a lot - just a few days. There is next to no chance that you are pregnant.