CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 30 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

I have epididimitys, as diagnosed by my local A&E dept. I

I have epididimitys, as diagnosed by my local A&E dept.
I got initial pain on Friday evening, and was prescribed some general antibiotics, which i have been taking now for four full days.
The swelling did not decrease in the slightest, and my testes are still almost the size of my fist. while i was tod that i shouldn't expect any results 'till Monday, there are few things that trouble me
1)My raphe scroll is much more noticeable and swolen. it has become more sensitive and also hurts on touch.
2)my balls do not hurt most of the time, yet any time I try to stand up (or cause blood flow to them in any other way) they hurt like they are poked with hot skewers.
*Are those symptoms normal?
*should i still apply ice to the place after four days?
*Are there any procedures or other ways to increase the speed of recovery i should investigate?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 3 years ago.

CamilleRN :

Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. Yes, these are symptoms that are to be expected with this problem. Yes, Ice is the most helpful thing you can do to decrease pain and swelling... you can use bags of frozen vegetables which conform to the area very well. No, I am sorry... the swelling has to go down on it's own which it will now that you are on antibiotics.

CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience: Experience: 30 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
A follow up question:
Is swelling, and terrible itching of the raphe scroll, closer to the base of the scrotal sack normal? Because few days ago it started to itch terribly, and it really drives me mad.
Is there something that can at least be done for this itching?
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 3 years ago.
Yes... both due to irritation and subsequent immune response.. swelling..itching due to an increase in blood flow. A topical may not work.. something systemic such as benadryl or even better promethazine ( Rx) would be helpful.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is it okay to have ejaculations in this state?
Will it hurt?
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 3 years ago.
absolutely yes.. unless it is painful to you, which it MAY be due to swelling... see how you do and base it accordingly.