CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

Plica semiluminaris area of the eye looks like it is inflamed

Plica semiluminaris area of the eye looks like it is inflamed and extending out over the sclera about 1/3 of the way to the iris. The sclera looks glassy/watery in that area. Its not very extensive but is noticeablr.
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.

CamilleRN :

Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. this is usually due to acute allergic conjunctivitis.. have you had exposure to an allergen such as cats?

Customer:

no cats or known allergen. I was walking in the mall. However, my hands frequently swell when walking for a little while, and they were mildly swollen at the time (they itch as well). Could this be some immune response related to both?

CamilleRN :

no... hands swell when walking by gravity and increased body heat..this is normal. The eye, however, does sound either like an infection or an allergic reaction. What have you used so far?

Customer:

Sorry for the delay (was exhausted and slept). I haven't tried anything but was concerned because of previous Coates disease complications with that eye when I was a baby. It looks a little better this morning. Thank you so much

Customer:

if there isn't anything else you recommend, I'll hit the accept button :)

CamilleRN :

Yes, I do recommend you have an eye Doctor look at it... some antibiotic drops may be in order.

CamilleRN :

sometimes some inflammation can lead to infection, especially in the eye because we tend to rub it.

CamilleRN :

thank you and have a wonderful day!:-)

Customer:

Ok thanks