Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States

i have pain on my right shoulder since 13 days. three days

i have pain on my right shoulder since 13 days. three days back some rashes appeared. iwas given antiviral drug (blue capsules). rashes did not increase or changed much.they are like 5or 6 mosquito bites but the pain on my shoulder and bust is lot.what should i do deal with this shinles related pain. i am very tired with cotinuos pain.......

I am sorry you are experiencing shingles. It can be extremely painful.
If tylenol is not working (often it is not strong enough), you should either call your doctor or return to your doctor for prescription pain medication.
Narcotic pain medication or tramadol (also a prescription) is often required.
Oral steroids may also be helpful for you.
Once the rash is gone, if your pain persists, numbing patches or creams can be applied to the area.

If the pain persists after the rash is gone, there are also other medications that can be tried (such as gabapentin or lyrica, among others).

But, for now, I would discuss stronger pain medication and steroids with your doctor.

Feel free to ask any follow up questions you may have,

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my help, please remember to click accept. Thank you!!
If you would like to print this out, go to the box where you typed your initial question in. You should see a box that says "share" in the bottom left corner. Click on that box and then scroll to the print icon. That should allow you to print.

Dr Abby