CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

I saw my Dr a few weeks ago due to being extremely tired all

I saw my Dr a few weeks ago due to being extremely tired all the time. He had blood drawn for tests and I asked that he include checking my EBV levels since I have had Mono in the past and have immune system issues. I also have been breakin out in rashes. The last two days the itching is unbearable all over my body. Once one spot starts my whole body gets itchy. I have a few oozing spots. Is there anything I can do for the itching. It truly is making me nauceous and I find I'm not breathing right either -- I'm holding my breath. Also is this contagious - should I avoid swimming in a community pool? Thx
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. If you have a virus, the acyclovir will shorten it's duration and severity. For the rash and itching please try Benadryl over the counter, per package directions, this should work very well for you. I do now know if it is contageous or not.. so until you have been on acyclovir for 5 days, try to avoid close contact.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.