CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

Lastnight, the top left side of my head started hurting. It

Customer Question

Lastnight, the top left side of my head started hurting. It is towards the back of my head. It almost feels like I hit it. Know for sure I didn't hit it yesterday. I can feel it sometimes when im sitting around but hurts more when you touch it. My wife looked to see if there was a knot or bruise didn't see anything. Does anybody have any ideals what this could be?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. If it is sensitive to the touch it is most likely something called Scalp neuritis, which is the inflammation of the nerves that provide sensation to the scalp. Apply alternating hot and cold should resolve on it's own in a day or two.