Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

I had previously written to obtain info about bilateral calf

I had previously written to obtain info about bilateral calf and ankle edema. I had 2 stents inserted, due to a blockage of femoral artery. My left leg was totally occluded. Now, not only do I continue to experience this edema, but both feet are bruised. What is causing that?
Thank you
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
A likely cause of your bilateral lower leg edema is venous insufficiency. Prolonged swelling can cause stretching of skin predisposing to bruising and rashes. You can try using compression stockings for symptoms relief. Keep the legs elevated while lying down and continue taking diuretics. Also regular light walks can help improve circulation in legs.
Regards.