The gas formation and mild discomfort in your age would need to look for the following causes;
1) Gallbladder disease (gallstones)
2) Irritable bowel syndrome
The reasons for excessive intestinal gas formation can be;
1) excessive air swallowing.
Anxious people swallow air when they are stressed or anxiety supervenes.
2) increased intraluminal (inside the intestine) production from mal absorbed (improperly absorbed) nutrients,
3) decreased gas absorption due to some pathological condition of intestines like diverticulitis
4) expansion of intestinal gas due to changes in atmospheric pressure
A solitary reason or combination can be responsible for the excessive gas.
Following may help you;
2) This may help;
a) Bismuth subsalicylate
b) Activated charcoal
c) Simethicone; (Maalox, Mylanta); Simethicone causes gas bubbles to break up.
d) Beano; contains an enzyme (alpha-galactosidase), which helps to breakdown certain complex carbohydrates.
All are available without prescription.
Avoid foods that appear to aggravate symptoms. These may include milk and dairy products, certain fruits or vegetables, whole grains, artificial sweeteners etc. But this is based on the personal observation for the aggravating food.
Discontinue the following if you do them;
1) gum chewing,
3) drinking carbonated beverages, and
4) gulping food and liquids.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Bismuth is available without prescription as PeptoBismol. Charcoal tablets also do not need prescription and can be bought from health stores. These adsorb gas and relieves flatulence, gas, bloating, distension.
It is privilege assisting you.
Thanks appreciate the answer.Where could or do you know of a specialized diet for a situation such as mine???
You are very welcome.
Here is an authentic resource for the diet;