Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

time, I get light headed and almost feel like Im going to black

lI'm a 58 yr. old male, in fairly good health. Lately, when I stand up to quickly or bend over for short period of time, I get light headed and almost feel like I'm going to black out and fall down. Do I need to take some kind of supplement vitamue?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thanks for your question .

Well as you describe you should be seen by your regular doctor for a clinical examination and undergo blood pressure monitoring , CBC, Serum electrolyte , EKG , Blood sugar levels to rule out underlying cause which may include Hypotension (low blood pressure ), anemia , dehydration , hypoglycemia , BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo)
You should continue to keep yourself hydrated with plenty of fluids and take Gatorade as well.
Also take OTC Meclizine for dizziness .
Take some multivitamin and iron supplement .
Take proper rest.
If you feel associated fast , irregular heart rate , shortness of breath then visit ER .