Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

hypertension.I waspescribed 25 Mg atenoloonce aday

Customer Question

I0nam90 year wiow suffering wuth hypertension.I waspescribed 25 Mg atenoloonce aday.mypressis now182/89.Ihave taken an extra dose of the meds..I feel rather dizzy and ;light headed, DO you have any further advice for me? ruth
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 5 years ago.

What is your usual blood pressure? Do you feel dizziness after taking the medicine or before that? Can you check you blood pressure again? Are you on any other medication? Do you have any significant past illness?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
took pressore t dropped to140/62 afyer the second of atenlol,will follow up this week with my physician thanks
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the input,

It is good that the pressure has come down. You should have a follow with your doctor for dose adjustment so that you may not feel any side effect. Now you have to check you pressure every 1-2 hour so that it does not go very low. If you feel dizziness or chest pain, you should attend ER asap.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.